Friday, September 29, 2006

SWEAT AND PULSE

I think these two items are related in certain ways. Because it is obvious if you sweat then you have a pulse. At least I think that is a fair assumption.

However, that isn't necessarily true when you have a pulse. Meaning you can have a pulse and not sweat. Thus, the absence of any sign that you are sweating doesn't leave one with any assurance that the person has a pulse. You can have one or not have one. Which means you have to rely upon other methods to determine if a pulse resides in some individual's body.

I appreciate how this might seem rather trivial. You would generally be able to tell with a person by their eyes and facial expressions if they are alive or dead. Only to be honest that isn't always true.

To me there are varying levels of having a pulse. The heart might be beating, but if the blood isn't reaching the brain, the person might be something other than possessing a capacity for life.

I'm sad to say that this is a big problem where I live. There are just way too many walking zombies in my city. No, I don't live in some ghoulish town where we also have vampires and other scary creatures.

On the contrary I live in a rather dull and ordinary city. Which is why we have a problem on this level. Although nobody makes the connection, the plain fact is the climate of dull and boring inspires a certain proclivity towards being generally brain dead.

Not to the point that the person can't function. They do manage to get by for the most part. But without the benefit of a personality or any other signs of real life.

And the sweat test is definitely a waste of time with such people. After all with or without the perspiration the issue of pulse is certainly in question with these folks.

Most of the time this doesn't cause major problems. However, that is providing you don't have high expectations for wanting to enjoy life beyond any level that is boring.

Fun has to be limited to such activities as eating, sleeping and watching television. Any other forms of effort will simply be too taxing to the brains of such people.

I cope by making sure I spend as little time as possible in the company of such people. That way I can find some possible source to keep my own pulse going with or without sweating.

I just don't bother to waste time telling the brain dead about their fate. It is much more merciful in their case just to let them going on thinking they have a real life.

I find that easier than trying to point out what might depress them. And in the meantime, lie a lot when telling them how I spend my time having fun they wouldn't enjoy anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home