Sunday, September 24, 2006

DO OR DIET

I don't consider this to be the best choice in the world. And I'm not speaking of dieting in terms of calories in this case. What I'm looking at is the idea of something you either do or the consequences are going to seriously impact your lifestyle.

Working can be like that. No paycheck means no money, which unless you are rich means no fun or much else either. So like it or not, you do.

It seems to me that a lot of our society is based on this principle with certain restrictions. For example you can do the doing part and you will get a paycheck. But it doesn't mean the more doing will mean you will always get a bigger paycheck.

I consider that to be one of those yo-yo affects that is from my view intentional on the part of the system. The system thus being in my thinking the entire complex of things that function in our little hunk of the world.

You see, I think that is part of the problem. From my view, whether it is planned or not, every system is inter-related in some way.

And the reason is simple, because we have those with bucks behind the systems, controlling them to get the results they want. So they have little gauges and monitors on them to make sure they get the desired effect. Which translates for the average person into getting a chance to do, but being stuck with a diet in terms of possibilities in order to avoid the other kind of diet where you end up with nothing.

I think the whole process is wonderful for any of us that it works for. As a politician I have managed to do the kind of doing that works for me in a way where I have the least amount of doing for the type of diet I have to tolerate.

And I am greedy enough to not to want to dole out any changes in another person's diet in a way that would affect the kind of diet I end up having to tolerate. That is because I try to keep the whole thing realistic unlike some people.

Anyway, that is what works for me and I feel as long as I keep hanging in and playing the right kind of do part, I will be able to avoid the dreaded fear of the type of diet I don't want. So I feel the system functions just fine.

Naturally, I appreciate that it doesn't function that way for everyone else. Some yes, who like me have learned to function as the game requires, others no who manage reluctantly the do part, but still end up with the diet.

So in the midst of the lunacy we survive. I do it with a smile because once and a while I get to write a few of the rules. That is a part of the doing I really enjoy since it almost always results in a diet for somebody other than me. And there is nothing I enjoy better than not having to diet because I made somebody else get stuck with that choice. I call that having a system that truly functions, at least for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home