Monday, September 25, 2006

PICKY, PICKY

Okay, when people get like this you are darn sure they consider themselves to be experts on whatever. Now I do know there are people who know a given subject better than I do, but the picky, picky individuals take it to an extreme from my view.

I think the main goal with this thing is they love to find something to criticize. It is an obsession with them. They can't see anything as good or perfect. Nor do they find a reason to compliment. Instead it is a manner of hey, pal that sucks.

Does anyone really thrive on that kind of feedback? I haven't known any from my experience.

And you can forget the concept of constructive criticism. It is more like destructive because you can't build a person up by tearing them down.

What I want to know is when did we reach a point where we had a lack of critics in the world? I wasn't aware we had reach that point.

Did some aliens come down to planet Yawn (that's Earth after the picky, picky people get done with it) and abducted all the regular critics? So it caused some sort of imbalance on the planet and as a result the picky, picky had to take over. Funny, that was an event I missed I guess.

But even if all the regular critics were abducted, I think I would have preferred to have an election to vote people into the office of picky, picky. We could have like a Grand Vizier of Nitpicking. Why we could even pay them in their weight in lemons since they do love being so sour anyway.

I think if we set this up as an election it sure would improve the problem. I mean shoot think about it. We could maybe discourage regular griping by making it illegal unless you were the Grand Vizier. Make the penalty something simple like the death penalty. Nothing serious naturally, just more of a scare tactic.

Or perhaps we would just end up sending the critic goon squad around to rip out the person's tongue and beat them to the pulp. That might do it.

Ah it is to dream. Well, I guess, despite the merit of my suggestion it would be a bit drastic for all those people who think that they have a right to find fault with everything and everyone.

As for me, shoot, I would vote for it. Heck, the truth is that there isn't much I won't vote for if the price is right.

Meanwhile, I guess outside of a momentary swell in some people's thinking we will be stuck with the picky picky people. Of course there are always those incidents where the person is walking across the street in a crosswalk and you happen to be driving towards them and your brakes accidentally fail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home