Monday, September 04, 2006

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

Yep, this happens to most people to some degree. Personally I find it to be a case of feeling special. Being busy means you're important because you have lots to do. It means you are popular because a lot of people want to talk to you.

It can also mean you suck at whatever and are totally incompetent so it takes you twice as long to do anything. And the fun part is that no matter if you are busy for good reasons or stupid ones as long as you explain it right that is all that counts.

That for me is the prevailing priority with most situations. Image is everything. And I don't say that just as a politician either.

I think image matters to most people. It is tied to approval and as long as we care what others think it matters.

What cracks me up are those who claim they don't care about what others think. Yeah right, like I'm going to believe that lie! Which is all it is. Only people love to lie about lying.

The bottom line though resides with the simple fact that people are other that willing to admit other than what they want to believe. You may quote me if you wish since it is the reality.

And it is knowing that it is reality that helps to keep me sane. Mainly because when I play the image game I do it without the need to pretend I'm not playing it.

Okay, having rambled enough on this element of busy, let me also pass on some observations regarding how to tell if a person is busy, busy or busy do to complete incompetence. These might be a helpful observation to those who need to know if the lamebrain they are dealing with is swamped or an idiot.

I am not a neat freak myself, but I will be honest that busy, busy people do seem to keep their crap in an orderly manner. That is because they have so much of it.

Whereas the slobs who are incompetent are inclined to have tall mounds of pure messiness. They are disgusting towers of procrastination. Unbelievably chaotic expressions of their lack of organizational skills.

It might not be a kind observation, but it is the truth. The painfully blunt truth that demands attention if you have to deal with some clown.

Bottom line is if you gave this moron a form or other document and he can't find it, that should set off the alarms in your head that you should avoid dealing with the person if possible. And I don't care if the person can melt you with their smile of sincerity. It doesn't mean squat in terms of what they are going to do. Other than end up busy, busy and never get anything done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home