Wednesday, September 06, 2006

THAT SPECIAL VIGIL

This is a situation where you start paying attention to things that you otherwise ignore. You know like when you have this young girl living next to you who is too young and scrawny to deserve a second look. Then a few years go by and all of sudden she's a goddess and you feel like an idiot for not even noticing sooner. Otherwise you could have perhaps impressed her and got on her good side so when the time came you could score — er, I guess I said enough on that subject.

I think the main point here is that I'm talking about noticing things you otherwise don't notice. And in addition discover something truly worth giving your full attention, even if it is for selfish reasons.

Now some might wish to claim that is a bad thing. But I'm not as convinced. After all what is selfishness really? It is a form of passion for one. In some cases it may even be the only form of honest emotion they'll ever know.

But was does society do? It says greed and selfishness are bad things. So for the person who has that as a starting place upon, which to built they never get a chance to discover what else might be possible since they are dumped on about their values.

Sadly one wonders who might graduate to more noble aspirations if that value was encouraged instead of curtailed. We will probably never know for sure. Which is the real tragedy.

How many souls have failed to mature because of being discourage from doing what comes naturally? You have to wonder. At least I do.

Alas we are the quintessence of images forced upon us by society. Under those mask of pretense truly resides something else and it isn't always bad.

Which is why I want to do what I can to encourage others to savor the moment. To find the thing you need to squint at to keep from not missing.

It can be a stepping stone to something far more worthwhile if you don't give into the lunacy of the moment. Yep, I would feel proud just to know it works that way. Yes, I would.

Too bad I can't always make others feel the same way. Instead I have to simply trudge along, whisper those suggestions to guide others towards the vigil that keeps them from being brain dead.

Do I get thanked for such efforts? Not very likely. I do get a lot of grief. Boy is that such a thankless reward for trying to help others.

But I keep up my own vigil in that regard. Just another stilled small voice of reason whisper, go for it, when you least expected. Guess that could be mistaken for temptation though. Well I'll let the person sort that part out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home