Thursday, August 31, 2006

FULLY FUNCTIONAL

I think this is one term that should never be used with regards to people. I've known a lot of people in my day that could be called functional, but I would not call them fully functional.

That would require all the wheels and gears in their brains and bodies to be working properly and personally I haven't seen where that takes place. I don't even exclude myself from that reality.

It is fun to pretend though. And we almost expect this to be true of our leaders. Only in reality it isn't, so they have to lie. Because nobody wants to cope with the truth that they are hopelessly lacking in spare parts for their mentally fatigued brain.

Instead we do what we can to avoid the fact. It is all a silliness to be sure. But denial is just so much more fun than admitting to the truth.

Dreams are always far more entertaining than reality. So who can blame them. And I don't even mind the babbling heads who raise their voices of conscience to proof we can't go totally deaf to the facts forever.

I prefer to let them shout into the wind in hopes I won't be able to hear them. Or I just listen long enough to end up afterwards feeling I gave them adequate lip service.

Then I might even agree on principle while the whole time my mind is elsewhere savoring some erotic flashback. But I wouldn't tell them that.

So I just prefer to think in part that life is a little like being made of clay. You can mold it into any shape you want. Only if you aren't very good at molding or using your hands, you can take the mutated lump and claim it is a symbol for whatever.

We just seem to be so darn good and explaining those mutated lumps don't we? I know I do. And I have even gotten better with practice.

Meanwhile, the charade of fully functional is a game played where nobody is expected to guess what is really being said in the process. We dance, rejoice at our perfection no matter how imperfect and then feel so darn good that we can boast regarding how functional we are, even if it is a crock.

Yep, I love that game. I like feeling the power of an image I can never truly match with my actions. At least on paper I look fantastic.

And I always will as long as nobody dares to life the paper and look underneath and the doodle that is what my life is really like. Which is why I devote so much energy to talking about it. That way I don't give the person a chance to look underneath. Having said all of that, I think I'll go and do a little imbibing to make the fully functional illusion work a little while longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home