Friday, September 01, 2006

BORN TO

It is my own conviction that every life was created for a purpose. Before anyone thinks I'm flowing towards some spiritual posting, let me qualify my idea of that purpose.

Essentially, I feel that life is divided into abusers and the abused. That for whatever reason some people were born to rip off their fellow man while others were meant to be victims.

That might not agree with what some people think, but I think life sort of bears out that reality. The difference for me is that with most people they just aren't prepared to accept it is their lot in life to be a source of food for others.

I can hear the proponents of equality griping as I'm writing. And I wish to point out how life is anything, but fair for most people.

So given the fact that the very nature of life dictates that it is other than equitable then isn't only logical that some would be hunters and others prey? I say that from my view as a statement of fact.

And for my part I am grateful that my role in life, the one I was born to does include being part of the scavengers. That is different from the true predators. Those are the big, bad dudes who come along, rip your arms off and beat you unconscious before they eat the rest of your remains.

I view it to be my role to essentially add some balance to the whole process. Somebody has to go in after the predators leave a mess and clean it up.

Which is what I do as a politician. You figure that most people get pretty well gutted by their bosses, credit card companies and anything they have to pay for in terms of service.

However, they normally don't die from such attacks. Wounded yes, but not dead. That is where I come in.

Between laws, taxes and whatever else ways I can come up with, I manage to be sure that the sheep are completely fleeced. I don't always enjoy it, but I just feel it is my duty that I was born to fulfill for the sake of others.

Ah, it does give me a sense of joy too when I am able to serve my fellow man. A little basil, some ketchup or barbecue sauce and a dinner fit for a scavenger to be sure.

About the only thing I have to do is watch out for the real predators. You know like the big time politicians and corporate monsters.

I mainly deal with them by wounding some poor working slob. Then they smell the blood and rush off for the kill.

As for me, well I just head off to the bar. In the darkness the booze helps me pretend I don't hear the screams of the victims.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home