Monday, August 21, 2006

YOU BET

The one thing you can be sure of is that this has nothing to do with gambling. You bet is a nice slang that has to do with agreeing with somebody.

Perhaps the goal is to say, "you bet" as in you can make a bet on it safely. But I'm not sure whether we all would trust to somebody's else's advice in that regard.

Advice is a funny thing. There are times when we really need it, but frankly there are other times when we just don't want it.

However, the one thing we do appreciate is that no matter what happens it will probably not involve betting. Gamblers normally like to enjoy blowing their own money without any help.

At least that has been my impression. Which is obviously what I intend to make as my priority.

By that I mean that it is my desire to be sure I prey upon people's basic sense of need to be in control no matter how much they screw up. That for me is a real blessing.

Because people are so vain and insecure they would prefer even if you point out their blunders to do it their way. And regardless of the flaws or risks as long as it was their choice they are happy. Just let them throw their money down a rat hole and they'll be happy. It is what they call freedom even if it is stupidity.

In any case, I'm happy to grant them the "you bet" choice when it means in so doing I get a shot at blindsided them with a con. There is nothing that will keep a person from shooting his mouth off than pride of not wanting the truth you totally reamed them from being able to be spared from losing some bet.

So life goes on with drools and cools for me and the woe is me, but I can't say so for the you bet people. They have the right to be wrong. And I'll help them enjoy being wrong as much as possible.

Which I think is fair. I don't choose the options for them folks. I just say ante up and you'll be happy when it comes out the way you want.

Only I won't say that if you ante up with my gaming table you will be wasting your money since I got it fixed. Hey, I never promised not to cheat you know.

Neither do I bother to mention it either! That is the other part of you bet that sort of counts from my point of view

You just never ever bother to explain the rules. That way they get to bet on you even playing fair. Which you can be sure won't end in you collecting a single winners bet or passing go if I'm running the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home