Thursday, July 27, 2006

OH HAPPY DAY

If only every day qualified for that term! But then it would depend on who was defining something as happy.

I know I have my definition. However, that doesn't mean it applies to others the same way. Some people have shall we say a strange idea of happiness. At least from my point of view.

In my city where bland is almost a religion individual's thresholds of joy vary, but generally aren't what I would call exciting or entertaining. We do have the usual variety of things like theaters, shops and malls. Plus with have the predictable assortment of taverns and other places intended to cater to the more discriminating needs of adults.

But on the surface of my sleeping little hamlet there is this silly little delusion that insists we project this image of being a city of wholesome character. It is a load of crap, but that doesn't keep people from wanting to cultivate the image.

Needless to say, that doesn't necessary qualify as my idea of a happy day either. Not when we are talking bake sales, bingo, pg movies and spelling bees. And those are just a few of the yawns available as happy day where I live.

As Mayor I do find myself having to endure the need to spend time in such places for the sake of appearance. It doesn't mean I'm thrilled by such events. And at times I do have to spend time practicing to make it look like I'm enjoying myself, even though my smile is mainly a form of gritting my teeth.

About the only thing that gets me through such experiences is remembering the joy of the glorious times when I can have my version of oh happy day. I can't exactly share it with others in all cases. Somehow the people of my city would just not understand the Mayor of "Blandville" playing a game of barbarian and the slave with a rent a date.

That's sort of the only one I can rather allude to and still avoid going into the kind of details that might qualify this posting as something other than PG. Why I think that is important I guess is so I don't have to lie about it to others when I say I have a blog for general reflections.

Yeah, that is a type of a hypocrisy. But what can I say, better in my town to be a hypocrite than a pervert.

It might seem like an odd choice. However if you were to live in my city you would quickly discover that this was something that is perfectly logical in Mediocrity.

I didn't say it was rationale or a good thing. Just that it worked where I live and frankly when something works, even if it is silly, I'm happy. Enough to even call it a happy day despite how incredibly boring the surroundings are. It does help me to get through the joy of so many events that are as exciting as watching the grass grow, which I'm sorry to say happens a lot where I live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home