Wednesday, July 26, 2006

AN OFFER YOU CAN'T...

No, I'm not going to complete that with "refuse." That would be too predictable. Plus in my case it would hardly be applicable.

It might work for the guys who have the kind of persuasive talents that if you do what they say they can make you disappear. As for me, about the only was I can make a person disappear is if I figure a way to lure them away with a bribe of some kind.

Not that it wouldn't be nice to say have the fun of perhaps surprising a few pesky people with the alternative of, do it or else, I just don't expect I'm going to be all that successful at it from my point of view. So I have to be content to simply find more creative means of getting what I want from uncooperative people.

Which is really what we are talking about here. You don't need to be all that creative with the ones that are helpful. They already do what you want. It is the one's who are a pain in the butt that merit the most attention.

The really hard part too is when I have to manage this without the person even knowing I'm conning them. Some people are not that happy about having to play the sucker, but that is what you just make sure they don't know.

How do I accomplish that little detail? It mainly depends upon the person. The thing is the ones who normally are the easiest to manipulate are often the ones who think they are the biggest, baddest dudes on the planet.

Why would I say they are sometimes the easiest to manipulate? Mainly because they have such incredible egos that as long as they think you are letting them have their way, they never actually check to be sure that you truly did.

The person not so confident is more apt to pay attention to the small things. The are more prone to not expect success so they will be quicker to notice when you are jerking their chain.

That amounts to the problem of them being more inclined to ask the kinds of questions that can really get annoying. And they will ask questions that are hard to lie about because they expect facts and that is the biggest problem in the world when facts are the one thing I work so hard to not deal with or mention.

Basically it all comes down to a simple reality that no matter what else happens, I have to be sure in order to get people to do what I want, I make them thing otherwise. Lies, deception and any other means that will let me have the joy of pretending the other dude didn't do what I want is all part of the game.

And of course, I don't use a regular rule book. I prefer to not even have a rule book. There is too much chance that if I had one somebody might look at the rules. That would slow down the whole lying process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home