Sunday, July 23, 2006

NEVER ON A PAYDAY

I think the most obvious way to finish this remark is to say, "get out of debt." Yeah, it never happens on payday, although I bet we all wish it would.

What am I trying to accomplish with such an observation? Simply to say, "Hey buddy, I know where you are coming from." Meaning, despite being a Mayor, I still end up living from paycheck to paycheck too. I got debt, I got creditors and I would sure love one payday to make them both disappear. I just know that isn't going to happen!

However, the thought does ramble around in my head and I'm sure it does in other people's too. So I prefer to look at payday in part as an installment of hope. Maybe not the complete chance for perfect hope, but enough to keep one smiling for another day.

Another thing that probably won't happen on payday is getting a promotion. And odd connection no doubt, but I mention it since it too is one of those ideas that comes into the mind. A promotion means a raise and has anyone not had a fantasy that a miracle would happen on payday.

The only real miracle might be that you get to the bank before the checks you wrote to the creditors get cashed. Yeah, that is one of those blessing you never exactly try to brag about is it?

So through it all, we still love payday. Oh true, it means bucks to help us beat back the creditors for another couple of weeks, but sometimes that is a good thing to remember too.

Perhaps never on a payday is also a prayer of sorts. Meaning something like never on a payday may my paycheck bounce!

That is one never on a Sunday, which I imagine nobody ever wants to happen huh? I can't imagine anyone thinking that would be a good thing.

Meanwhile, life goes on. Paydays come and go and the mind will always be plagued with trying to figure out how to make some never on payday fantasy come true.

Well providing you are talking about sane options of never on payday. God, whatever we don't want is to have somebody who wants something like a disaster or the end of the world to come on payday.

I mean I sure hope that never happens. Shoot, who would want the end of the world to happen before you got to the bank? That would be such a tragedy. To have worked for two weeks and not get a chance to blow the money! Hmmm, I guess when it comes to the end of the world, none of us would get to vote on that choice. But I have a feeling if the end of the world was to happen on a payday the line of people waiting to make a deposit at the bank would be longer than the one of people trying to get a seat in the nearest church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home