Tuesday, July 25, 2006

YOU AND WHAT ARMY OF...

This is one of those silly, little boasting things a person says to imply you will need an army to kick their butts. Well unless they are sitting on a nuke or something I doubt you'll need any kind of army to get them to behave or whatever.

Which brings me to the core of my thinking here. Boasting is silly if you can't measure it in terms of backing up what you claim. Then it is boring.

I'm not against boasting. I even love the idea of bluffing. But it does absolutely no good to boast or bluff if the other person does buy the con.

Now there are times when you simply have to rely on the art of illusion in such situations. Yep, it is all a matter of making the other guy think you're armed enough to squash him with a smile. Then even if it is a joke, you can rest more peacefully knowing you did the perfect thing and can go back to your fantasy isle where you can do nothing, but have fun.

Which means among other things that you can stop worrying. That has been one of my goals in life, to always make sure the other slob does all the worrying. Let him have the headaches, I just want to party.

There as a time when naturally I was more prone to want to change the world. Then I came to the conclusion that nobody really wanted improvement. Plain and simple, we normally do what we darn well please. Just look at the subject of war. We really do love beating up on each other. A lot more than the other option of trying to help each other.

So let's get to the core of the matter. Why mess with doing other than pretending. I mean nobody has to change then, we can just keep enjoying lying and have a good time in the process.

I say party hearty and pass the crap,
when we're done we can take a nap!

Oh the joy, oh the bliss, let misery
be other guy's life and century!

A tad of wish and thought worthy of the times in which we live! I think it is sound advice and I'm grateful I took it.

Now all I have to do is try and remember when I sent that threatening letter to that guy if I did sing it with a bogus name. I sure hope so, just like claiming it was from a bogus law firm.

If not, well that is the beauty of answer machines. They do help you hide so often from when you want to pretend that yellow streak down the back doesn't exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home