Sunday, March 19, 2006

HOME SWEET MOAN

Well maybe home is sweet for some people and it can be for me too at times, but there are other occasions when it can be downright scary. That is where the moaning part for me occurs.

Now perhaps in television’s fantasyland where families are perfect and everything works out in their favor there are only smiles and never frowns. I think it is wonderful that a bunch of gorgeous and well paid actors augmented by a staff of writers are able to create your “typical” family and make us believe such a life is possible.

At least it works in Hollywood. Maybe it doesn’t work anywhere else on the planet, but in Hollywood it apparently. Still it doesn’t keep me from having that image stuck in the back of my mind and thinking, “how come my family can’t be more like that.”

I mean it is like breakfast. First of all there are many mornings when we are not all at the breakfast table before heading off to wherever. And my wife actually cook breakfast? I guess if you consider taking a couple of cold Pop Tarts and smearing some jam on them as cooking she qualifies. That is providing my son or daughter actually come to the breakfast table, which is a crap shoot at best.

As for my wife, well she is definitely not a morning person. So anyone who thinks she is going to look like she’s ready to pose for a glamour magazine at that time of the day is bound to be disappointed.

Not that I have any room to brag. I’m barely awake myself and hoping the cups of coffee with restore my brain to some level that can be called functional. Lots of luck on that part.

Does my home sweet moan sound more like your home than the one in the sitcoms? If so they cheer up, your probably far more normal than you think.

See that was my whole desire with this posting. I wanted to be sure I gave people hope. You don’t have to be ashamed of being grumpy and looking like a slob or even warmed over death in the morning. Thank god you can be free to just be your old disgusting self and know you can smile because most of the rest of us are that way too.

I hope that helps a few people who might have been wavering in their grasp of reality and actually toying with the idea they have to smile at the breakfast table. Be free folks. Enjoy the natural right you have to look at the morning as a necessary evil instead of an opportunity to act weird in a perky sort of way.

If I have even spared one poor neurotic soul from the slavery of trying to be a happy face moron when they are really trolls then it was worth it. Consider this a great public service that I have perform to help insure the sanity of those who might be afraid to accept their real nature. Trust me folks beyond so many neighborhood doors there are a lot more home sweet moan locations than the other kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home