Thursday, March 09, 2006

PARTY YAWN

A party to me by its very name implies something that should be intended for pleasure. That is if it is a social event. But there are other meanings for the word party, such as a political party.

I wish I could say those were suppose to be fun and entertaining, but I’m not sure everyone would share that opinion. My only question is how come we can turn political parties into good time events? Heck, despite the rhetoric spewed out during election time and all the finger pointing as well as flag waving do most people really treat political parties as useful and helpful entities? I’m afraid the answer to that question is in too many cases no.

So we end up with something other than an occasion where you have an excuse to act silly, get drunk, try to score with some equally polluted member of the opposite sex, eat something tasty and sit back the next day nursing a hangover. Instead it seems that political parties end up having a party where only they have a good time and play the fun games. You on the other hand end up getting stuck with the bill and a hangover that last till the next election.

Yep as a politician I am admitting this is reality. I don’t say it with pride as much as regret. If it were up to me I would prefer if we deal with politics more as a circus than something serious. Now I don’t wish to be cruel, but does anyone seriously want to tell me that the state of our union is honestly a utopia or even close? Oh you can be sure the prevailing administration will claim that and also try to take credit for it. They will give lip service to the problems, but with the usual degree of pontification regarding how their plan will lead to some new era of progress as well as peace and happiness for everyone.

Um I hope you will excuse me while I yawn. After all we’ve been too so many of these electoral parties that were sadly totally boring from my point of view and I don’t see that improving at any point.

Which is why I say it is time to take the yawn out of politics. Come on let’s have a real party. Let the candidates dress up like clowns and perform tricks. Then we can all sit around and just pretend it doesn’t matter. We can swap lies about how great lie may become without having to remember how much it honestly sucks. Why heck we can even send out for pizza.

Then later we can sit back and just plain stop pretending we care. After all it is the caring part that makes us yawn the most since it is so boring to act like we have passion when we don’t.

In the end, at least we will have a far better time in the daydreaming and gluttony of feasting as opposed to reality’s headache. All we have to do is stop being so in need of a nap from boredom to stay awake long enough to close our eyes and not ever have to look at reality seriously again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home