Tuesday, March 14, 2006

WHAT'S TRUTH GOT TO DO WITH IT

Okay tell me that truth is important. That everyone would truly prefer to hear the true than a lie. Oh yeah! Well let me tell you one thing the truth my set somebody free, but it sure don’t pay the bills.

Which is part of my most adamant desires in life. Basically to help so many poor misguided souls cross over that bridge from expecting truth to living with reality.

I’ll grant you the truth can be important. However is it really that critical to every aspect of our lives.

Let’s be honest here. Er perhaps honest is a bad choice of words when you are talking about truth not really being all that special. Maybe I ought to say let’s consider, ah that sounds better, um where was I? Oh yeah let’s consider the actual realm in which we live.

Essential as far as I can tell denial is the most useful tool people use to survive. We don’t really want to know what they put in our food. As long as it tastes good do we really ask what is in it? I know there are those alleged health nuts who will protest that they care. I just have one word for you, LIAR!

That’s right, I’m calling the health gurus a bunch of big fat, er lean liars. But that’s okay. I’m cool with that. Because that is the whole point of my little posting. Deep down regardless of what we say, we love to hear what sounds good a lot more than what is true.

Hence my question. What has truth really go to do with getting through the day? For me personally I live without it most of the time. Despite being a Mayor and in charge of our city’s budget my personal finances are a disaster. Yet I do have to play the game of pretending to watch expenses.

Naturally I drive to work in gas operated car because I like it. I know it is polluting the atmosphere. Do I care? If you ask, I’ll just step on the gas!

Is there an upside to any of this? Sure. I call it live and churn. That is make the other poor slob do the worrying about the problems. Me, I know that most of what ails us is going to get worse. So it is just so much more darn fun to smile, deny and lie. Works for me. Come to think of it there just isn’t much that doesn’t work for me as a rule.

As for the rest of you, when you decide to stop kidding yourself and want to join me at the playground where fun is the only truth I can about, then great. Until then don’t bothe me.

Yep, life is strange at times, but even more so if you insist upon being silly about it. I like silly, just no in a way that should count.

Keep smiling folks. Remember problems never last forever, just the rest of your life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home