Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A FUNNY THING HAPPEN ON THE WAY TO..

This is borrowed naturally from a movie title. If you haven’t seen it the movie is a satire centered around the time of Julius Caesar. Unfortunately the emperor’s “forced” retirement was both unexpected and a bit painful. So you could hardly describe it as the kind of “funny” that left you smiling. It is more the kind of funny that is considered as strange.

Well thank goodness we don’t all face the kind of “retirement” that was given to poor old Julius. I’m not just speaking about elected officials either. Lord knows there are a few politicians that probably deserved to be greeted with a knife, but I think I’ll pass on contemplating that idea. I wouldn’t want to risk giving anybody in my city the kind of inspiration that ends up with red stains on the ground.

Still in life there are those funny moments of detour when one gets handed a curve that you didn’t expect. How we handle them is always something of a challenge.

The other day I had my whole routine planned out practically to the last second. Visions consumed my brain. Not necessarily the type I can or want to share in a posting, but I was truly looking forward to creating some new and truly pleasant memories in the process.

Unfortunately for me life had other plan. Maybe it wasn’t life. It might have been fate. Or even the good Lord. All I know is that my vision for the day wasn’t quite the way it turned out. Heck it wasn’t even close.

Oh it was memorable alright. It was sort of like how having a car accident is memorable. That was not quite the type of memory I could get excited over that’s for sure. I won’t bore you with the details beyond saying that this was one of those situations where the funny was actually happening to somebody else.

However they weren’t content to simply savor the joyous funny for themselves. They were looking for a crying towel and figured my office was the best place to find it.

Did this make me happy? Of course not. And then after I spent time trying to cope with their funny then it also meant I had to spent time with the people who caused the funny. None of that made me the least bit fill with any joy.

In the end at least I did make the funny sort of stop being funny. That didn’t result in my ever experiencing my visions on that day.

The only good thing was that later as in the next day I managed to find a way to savor a few new memories. And having anyone bless me with any new type of surprises. It isn’t funny how at times the happiest times are not when you are enjoying life, but simply avoiding some tears? Yep I guess that is one occasion I can enjoy even if it isn’t as memorable as the ones I wish were true. Still a little happiness, imagined or not is better than way too many funny moments that give you only headaches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home