Monday, December 26, 2005

FROM GOOP TO NUTS

Just doing a little play on words about that old saying “from soup to nuts.” I don’t like soup and only eat nuts when I’m drinking so my version seemed more helpful. Well at least in terms of what I want to talk about.

Goop is that word I think we use for some blob of whatever that is kind of sticky and messy. There can be good goop that you use as some kind of glue for fixing things and bad goop in terms of something that has turned that way from rotting.

As a politician though I have to deal with a whole different kind of goop. It is the one that exists between the ears. I’m thinking of the thoughts that people have that sometimes get totally demented and silly.

More specifically I’m talking about the type of goop where the thinking ends up holding us prisoner to some type of rut. It is amazing the crap we will put up to keep from having to change.

Like when you see somebody who does nothing, but complain about his or her crappy job. Yet they never go out and try to find a better job. All they do is sit back and seem to almost thrive on complaining.

Is it just me or is that just one big rut filled with goop and you for whatever reason seem to enjoy staying messy and complaining about not being able to get clean. Well it might help if you started by getting out of the rut huh?> Or is that a little too complicated for a person with a pinhead of a brain to grasp?

To start with then let’s try to serve up some healthy goop here. Life sucks. Yes it does. The world is filled with billions of people and way too many are greedy, backstabbing rats. It is a reality, live with it.

Why do I call that good goop? Because if you get off your brain and starting actually using it then you could stop wasting time being pissed by the facts of life as I call it. Instead you would look at it and be able to say, okay this stinks and it isn’t going to get better. So I’m not going to join the rest of the morons and let this crude fill up my rut.

You know what really makes a rut, a rut? It is the dirt in our minds that blinds our eyes into only seeing the rut as a rut.

Remove that dirt in terms of your thinking and who knows you might finally find a smile buried under all the muck and goop. You might not be able to change the rut, but it doesn’t mean you have to keep thinking of it as one.

Hey, I’m not trying to say you don’t have right to get pissed. Just asking the question. Are you having a good time? If not, well did they start the party and you haven’t showed up yet? I’ll let you answer that one for yourself. As for me, I’ll pass the goop, keep smiling and do what I can to let the rut not drag me into missing the groove where I find a little fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home