Sunday, January 04, 2009

ALL HEAR

Well what can I say on this one? Er, nobody is bothering to put on attention’s headphones.

I mean really I have such fun trying to understand the nature of our deafness. Between cell phones, emails and all the other crap we have it isn’t like we can communicate.

But do we? Not even close. I wish it was otherwise. I could be rich if I got all the emails that were never written.

And with all these options the brain still doesn’t function better. It still can’t remember squat.

So then the whole effort here to communicate gets thwarted by this stupidity that even if we do get the info we don’t remember it. Which does rather kill the value.

I have tried to make allowances for this reality. Just isn’t easy at times. Can be so darn hard with coping over the silliness.

You sit there holding that email you sent, knowing it was totally clear and there is no way the person didn’t get it. Then you sit back assuming what you said would get a response.

You know the person isn’t blind or impaired. So there is no reason for them to not do at is needed.

And stupidly you decide to just assume the person will act on the thing. No reason to think in any way they won’t take care of the problem.

Naturally that doesn’t quite end up helping when nothing happens. And when I stand there and wave that email before them, nothing.

Oh the lies they come up with. Just jammed packed with excuses that are utterly stupid and silly.

Does this thrill me? Heck no. Am I smiling when it happens? Not at all. I just have to spend the time restraining my desire to shove that email up their nose.

Oh we always have a nice talk about the problem. They vow to do better. Now this never happens.

See even if they bother to say it, they will not do it. Which is what I deal with by not doing things for them.

Then it all ends with a compromise. Sent by email, lost in the celebration of cooperation that never happens.

At least we get a free drink out of the deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home