Wednesday, July 16, 2008

HOOPS

I gotta love this. Oh yeah nothing is more fun and exciting than making somebody jump through your hoop.

And even better if you can do it when you want. Now this normally is more likely to happen with an employee.

You really need somebody you can easily intimidate. And if you are holding onto their paycheck, all the better.

Oh yeah it makes for hours of fun and entertainment. Heck sometimes I'm even tempted to you know sell tickets.

Well that is the thought that crosses my mind at times. Oh not always naturally. Just on the occasions when I have them jumping through a really great hoop.

Now before anyone acts all shocked, remember I learned this practice from others. I didn't start out with that knowledge.

And let me tell you it was a lesson I truly cherish. Kind of lesson you never forget and find so useful.

Which is a thing to be relived and savored as often as possible. Now I do confess I am not the only one who was taught this.

And thus there are times that I sort of get stuck having to also jump through the occasional hoop. I do my best to avoid them though.

So embarrassing you understand. Yeah, I really do have to admit it isn't my favorite thing.

Okay, I think I hear the occasional murmur of hypocrite. Thank you! I appreciate it. It is hard to work for at times.

But then you know part of life is accepting such realities. And there are times it is a bigger pain than others.

However, I take solace in the fact that I do get the chance to make more others leap through hoops that I get stuck with. It is a consolation of sorts.

Enough to help me forget the humiliation. Well not completely, but enough so I can be grateful for the great memories of seeing others in the hoops.

It really is the small things in life that seem to give the greatest joy. And as joy these little moments truly do count for me.

Enough that I can nearly forget the pain heaped on me with enough beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home