Wednesday, July 02, 2008

SETTLEMENTS

I call this settle for. As in accepting something that is less than you really want. Which means naturally you will never be happy with it.

Oh you will tell yourself all the reasons it is great. But the reality is you will be other than satisfied.

Each time you cope with this consolation prize you just sit back and yawn. You are glad to have it as opposed to nothing, but hardly going to be thrilled.

And you can spend all day telling yourself how this will be okay. You can live with the crumbs instead of the pie.

Oh yeah that really works. And let me tell you I've had to do it a few times. Happy is not the mood I would define that I have from the process.

It is more like, darn foiled again. Then I learn to tolerate my little token and say next time I won't get screwed.

Which is generally what I say after the next time when it happens again. Oh my this is definitely not heaven.

Nope, not to me. And the only real joy comes from when I can figure a way to switch prizes.

That is where you sneak over when the real champion and steal his trophy when he is off bragging. And substitute it with something that sucks.

If you work it right then they never suspect a thing. They are so jazzed about bragging rights they never notice you took the real thing.

Now I do love bragging rights too. Just not quite the same if you don't end up with the real prize.

So you can be sure I double check in trophy I get. Whatever it happens to be. The more gaudy the better.

Yep and then comes the moment of pure gloating. Those are moments you just can't savor enough.

And trust me regardless of win or lose, in the end I settle for the prize. Victories come in many ways.

None better than when you can smile and no you won even when the real winner is sitting back dreaming of his victory. Which is fine, because I'm holding his prize.

Even better when I get the lady who goes with it. Well I find one somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home