Sunday, June 29, 2008

HEADING THEM OFF AT THE PASS

I love this in westerns. Like you totally screwed up and let the bad guys steal the world, but no problem, you'll get to the pass before them.

This all assumes they will actually go to pass. Yeah, that is an underlying detail that must be in play for this to work.

And that also work providing the bad guys don't give a though to the fact that you will be heading to the pass. As if they wouldn't remember.

Plus what is the deal here? I mean did every town in the old west exist next to some pass?

One has to wonder. I mean really doesn't that sound a bit ridiculous to you? I know it does to me.

Which is why if I had my way I would make the perfect Western movie. If I had my way they bad guys would be smart for a change.

So they would post a sign next to the pass showing it in the wrong direction. Then when the clown of good guys followed the sign they would fall off a cliff.

See, doesn't that give off such a wonderful image? I think it is so creative. After all I don't think they give bad guys enough credit for their imaginations.

They do have to think up all their plots. That shows lots of talent for invention. Nobody even mentions that part.

Which really is dumb if you ask me. I want a movie where the bad guys are idiots. Where they don't end up acting stupid and predictable.

Yeah, that sucks from my view. And before anyone assumes otherwise, I didn't say I expected the bad guys to necessarily win.

I would settle for them having a happening ending of sorts. You know where maybe they didn't get to keep the loot, but were able to get the gal.

I think that would be fair. I mean don't bad guys have a right to have a few groupies? So why can't we allow for that?

Then along the way to an orgy or some cowboy nudist camp they learn the error of their ways. Turning over a new leaf and becoming swindlers.

Hey, that is a start in the right direction. Well it is to me. Might need a few sequels to make it all sensible.

I wouldn't complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home