Monday, June 23, 2008

THE PRICE IS SORT OF RIGHT

THE PRICE IS SORT OF RIGHT

Ah, when a bribe is a bribe and you love it. Only you don't quite get the price you want. You have to negotiate.

And naturally since there is no specific agreement on the correct rate of exchange on bribes it can be a tad vague. At least there are no sales taxes.

Now as long as you are dealing with a reasonable person everything is great. Somebody who is willing to be flexible on this issue.

I normally have different rates. Those for first time customers and those for repeat customers.

Course first time customers must have some kind of referral. A name that I already know who will verify them as a reference.

Otherwise forget it. Now naturally I am able to take time to also solicit new clients. I do so with new businesses in town.

Not that I come out and advertise. Just probe gently with questions to test the reaction. Things like what kind of problems they have that I might make easier.

Being careful to listen for things such as complains over the laws or another things where they might appreciate some help. Oh yeah, made several friends that way.

Now if I work it right then I can give them some kind of special offer to get them hooked on my help. And once they are, my price goes up.

Course that always involves making sure I also end up incriminating them too. Blackmail or the threat of blackmail works so well in that regard.

But then I consider that a form of insurance. Keeps my sales steady. And makes my personal budget work so much better.

Yep, can't be unhappy about that part. And the only sad part is how I can't send the clients a postcard when I'm off on some vacation.

Oh not that they would hate me for taking a vacation, but just a little grouchy if they think I'm living it up too much on their funds. Then it leads to debates over my prices.

That can be so annoying. And so it is just easier to leave the impression that I'm just squeaking by.

Yep, got to keep a low profile in terms of my appearance. Alone, well that is a different story.

Just not one I can talk about to my customers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home