Thursday, July 03, 2008

RUST BUCKETS

The image conveyed with this to me is something worn out. An item that is no longer useful.

In addition it becomes a case of something that was neglected. For you don't get rust if it is taken care of.

Basic assumption naturally. And I've seen it too many times. For it comes down to items where nobody wanted the thing after a certain point.

Still we use to till it completely fails. Like it is expendable. And once you decide it is a sacrifice then you don't care.

Only we don't like to admit we feel that way. As if that makes it all fine. Which is a reason to be okay with not caring.

Now when we are talking about machines this is one thing. But then never ends up being just about stuff.

Sooner or later we also apply it to people. Hey, I didn't say not to. I just said it happens. And I understand it.

Now the problem is for most people is they can't admit it when it involves people. For that sounds so cruel.

Instead we do it for real and lie about it. Now I have no concerns over that. In fact I do sort of favor that approach.

After all as a Mayor I do have a certain image to maintain. Perhaps it is phony, but then that is part of the way I want it.

Because if I can keep up some fake image I never have to let the real way be seen. And let me tell you that I a great freedom.

However, the joy for me comes in making this all run smoothly. That involves greasing the truth with enough lies.

I mean really what can I say? This is about acceptance for me. The simple joy of knowing you have to look at the practical side of things.

And you can't do that without admitting life does have its share of litter and trash. Can't help it.

What we can help is pretending we care about the trash. Just toss it and forget it. Tomorrow it might be our turn.

Course when that happens, I will take the easy way out and fake falling into a trash compactor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home