Saturday, July 05, 2008

LAWNMOWERS

I think grass was God's clever idea of a really great practical joke. By that I mean that He obvious made it look so wonderful that we couldn't help wanting it.

Only problem is that you can't just plant it and leave it alone. Sooner or later it will grow and that requires mowing. Sort of like a natural hair.

However, even if you don't want it to grow, it will. Unless you resort to artificial grass. Then you can savor it as you wish without and headaches.

But the artificial stuff doesn't have the grass smell. You know it is fake and that means it isn't quite as pleasurable.

So in the end you are cursed. You have to get a lawnmower. And that means spending part of every Saturday during the summer cutting grass.

Which is not my idea of fun. And you can be sure I don't work too hard at that goal. In fact I rely upon a gardener.

This doesn't mean I escape its reality. I still have to hear the darn lawnmower come Saturday morning.

It is mocking me with its motor sounds. Making sure I can't sleep or forget it is there. And there is no escape.

All of this is prelude to a simple observation. Life is full of lawnmowers. Yep, there are all kinds of them.

The demands on your time you hate, but can't ignore. Because even if you find somebody to use them, you still get involved.

Ah, that is something to admire in many ways. Yep, you got to savor how it works. Just know there are lawns everywhere.

It is our destiny. I don't think it is any accident that even money is green. Yep, think about that one.

See, got you wondering huh? I mean they could have made it any color they wanted, but chose green.

I'm not surprised myself. Such are the joys of how little tricks of fate spread their lawns on our lives in so many ways.

So it is matter of finding the right lawnmowers. Not pretending the grass will cut itself and then coping.

Ah, it is to smile. Well if you can be sure somebody else is always using it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home