Tuesday, February 12, 2008

PROMISED AND FORGOTTEN

Ah, this is a great process. Just the joy of telling someone a vow that will gain their trust and then you later act like you never heard of them when they ask for your help.

The pattern is always the same. And I love it. I know that does sound all that noble, but what can I say? It is a living.

I guess that my view is affected for the most part by the idea of all the crap I have to put up with in order to be a Mayor. It is very hard to wade through the insanity of dealing with all the nuts and not get frustrated.

So after a while you are tempted to say, screw it. Which is where I often find myself. I didn't say I enjoy it just that try to cope.

That is a wonderful word, cope. It really says so much. But necessarily in a good way. Like settling in life even though you didn't want to.

Yeah, that can really suck. And you just know that is not going to improve any time soon.

Mainly because people thrive on the system. They enjoy the routine. And even if it doesn't work that well, they still want to call it okay.

So naturally they turn to elected people like me to perpetuate the fantasy. No where in their thinking do they bother to actually consider things such a feasible.

That would just never do. Why add the issue of reason and truth to any problem? I know it doesn't seem to be an issue on this part.

In any case I do love the times when I can make this happen to my favor. I would hardly do that for somebody else.

In any case, the struggle is to try and balance the person's expectations with the truth. And do so in a way that nobody freaks out.

I love the juggle routine. It really requires some skill. All I can muster at times. And you can be sure that I will not want to make this work in a way that I get a headache.

So if I have to wave a wand with my lips, I will do it. Maybe not quite as often as I would like, but I try.

In any event the joy comes from the times when it all works. And naturally my interpretation varies big time from everyone else.

Which is fine. Because that would not be the joy I would expect otherwise. Isn't that just marvelous? Okay, don't answer that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home