Friday, February 15, 2008

DONATIONS

Why is this only a good thing for charity? I think we could spread around the options to other areas? I mean donations ought to be for need right?

And why should that not be spread to all areas rather than limiting it to just a few? Wouldn't that be fair?

Seems like it would be to me. Now the problem is getting others to agree. Oh we understand things like taxes, but it doesn't mean we like them.

Nope, you can be sure that will not be on our list of favorite charities. In fact, personally I don't even have one.

I sort of prefer to treat life as a matter of survival. We can escape the curse of demand on our time and resources.

But then it doesn't mean we are going to celebrate this fact. We will probably do our best to try and not even participate on that level if we can.

This is obtained through greed. Yes, as hard as it might be for some to accept this fact, greed does inspire.

I'm just being realistic here. There is no value from my point of view in pretending about that part.

But then pretending does work to help us enjoy the whole process so much easier. Yep, I feel better when I think this process is a good thing.

However, you see it all is a matter of making the right choices. And frankly, most of the time I don't think we are very good at making right choices.

Instead we try to make it seem that we are naturally charitable. Only we really aren't by nature.

However, it does look good on the humanitarian portfolio. That is the one we stack on top of the ledger with income record we don't want to show the government.

Yep, I really think that is how it works. Sort of like a little larceny is so easier to endorse if we off set it with a little good.

So then how many times does guilt truly inspire some form of donation? Or have I asked one of those questions we don't want to answer.

Which is exactly why I want a chance to be able to expand the concept of donations to be able to include my personal charities. I won't mention what they are, but I can guarantee you it will be well invested. Impressed, well don't worry, I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home