Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU

WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU

Well I'm sorry, but I do not subscribe to that silly concept about whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. To me it is whatever doesn't kill you, doesn't kill you.

One of those trite sayings to me that really isn't true. If I get nearly croaked by something and live I will not treat that as more than survival.

And if I ended up with being branded or scarred in someway, I sure am not going to feel stronger. Might feel lucky to be alive, but stronger, nope.

In any case, it sure does sound good to say. Maybe stupid on so many level, but cool just the same.

I do wonder who the person was that came up with that silliness. Probably some guy with no neck who has this fetish for breaking beer bottles over other people's heads.

Kind of the image I get. Might be silly, but what can I say, I'm a silly guy at times. And that is not good to some.

It just is another of those little detours that happen in life. One's for me that when I hear it I want to strangle somebody.

But naturally I do resist that option. I might be pissed, but I am not going to do that. I prefer the other methods.

In some cases for me that means calling up Mr. Mammongrabber and asking for the assistance of his enforcer, Bugly Ugly Savage. A very useful tool for getting your message across.

Of course you know he doesn't strangle these days. I think his current obsession is turning them into pretzels.

At least the last I heard he doesn't try to eat them any longer. I mean there are some laws even Mr. Mammongrabber can't get the police to ignore.

However, when called upon this alternative form of inspiration does certainly get results. Maybe not the ones that some prefer, but one's that I can live with.

And then I get to sit back and enjoy that feeling of not paying attention to that old saying. That makes it all worth it.

As for that person who came up with this crap, well more power to him or her. I wish him well.

About all I expect he will get if he keeps going around peddling that kind of stupidity. Maybe I'll let him talk to Bugly Ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home