Monday, December 24, 2007

SNACK TIME

Now some would regard snacks as food for the stomach. A quick fix for hunger that hopefully tastes good.

But you see, I have a different point of reference. First of all, I prefer to not limit myself to thinking only in terms of food.

That is very important in my way of thinking. To me a snack is anything that satisfies some type of hunger.

And that really expands the possibilities. Which is part of what I enjoy. I don't want to have to go to some stupid grocery store for my thrills.

I want to get them from all kinds of places. The bank, the pockets of the tax payers, those special treats from grateful lady voters when their husbands aren't home. You know the types of snacks that really make you smile.

Yeah, you can have the ding dongs, I'll take those treats that will keep the smiles flowing and not expand the waistline.

Which is really important when you are in my position. For it truly gives me such joy to be able to savor all those great moments.

Plus I don't like to deny people a chance to share those snacks. I hate to be ungrateful or hurt anyone's feelings.

So naturally I just prefer to give honor to all those who so willingly provide me so many wonderful snacks. Why should I deny them that joy?

I just can't bear that burden. So reluctantly I savor the moment when I can make so many happy.

It just feels so good to do it. Which will always make m so proud to participate in this process.

Ah the joy I get from those occasions when I am able to move city funds around so they end up in my pocket. Such a joy that is.

And such a blessing to pass on more taxes to the people to compensate. I feel it gives them a chance to be able to share with them that opportunity.

No, there just is no joy as that one. And even though I can't always speak to this gift i have made for others in that regard, I am grateful for the snacks.

So grateful that I might even retire early some day. So I can have a chance to take time to truly reflect on these snacks that I get out of overseas secret checking account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home