Thursday, October 18, 2007

SNOOZING TO SNOOZE

Okay we all know there is a time and place for everything. And let me tell you that when it comes to having a time to snooze, oh my I sure can make time for this.

Naps are a such a blessing. And I have to be honest that I love the times when I get to close the door to my office. Then sit back while telling my secretary that I am in a meeting. Oh I do have to exaggerate that part. Not that I have a lot of trouble doing that.

I just tell my secretary I'm on a conference call. Only to make it believable I do have to claim I'm using my cell phone. It is amazing how easily she buys that one.

But to keep her from getting too suspicious I do also let her know at times that I'm using the internet and can not be disturbed. Now that works great too.

The big challenge is that I have to be sure I don't end up snoring. Of course to help avoid that problem I do make sure I take the time to play the radio loud at times. Just loud enough to be sure it covers any noise I might make.

Now the big challenge too is that I do not let down my guard and accidentally take time to walk out of my office before I'm fully awake. Having my clothes out of place and looking sleepy doesn't work in terms of claiming I was busy.

My secretary is very trusting, but let me tell you she sure is smart enough to recognize when I've been sleeping. Not even I can lie good enough to excuse that.

Perhaps my favorite choice is to tell her I will busy all afternoon and cannot be disturbed. Then I slip out the secret passageway behind my bookcase and out into the alley.

If I work it right I get several hours of quiet time to do whatever. But I do have to be careful.

For in my joy of having escape to do some recreational snoozing, I have to be sure I don't forget to not return with something like pizza on my breath.

Honestly there is no way to avoid that. I just really can't risk that kind of embarrassment. It just doesn't work for me.

And I can tell you doesn't work for my secretary either. Man she will smell food even with the door closed.

Believe me I found out that the hard way and I do not wish to repeat it. That's because it is too expensive.

I mean in order to get her to forget I have to buy her a whole lot of food and that is not a good thing cost wise. But I wrote it off as the price of learning, which I guess was a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home