Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A PENNY'S WORTH

We do appreciate how a penny is not a lot of money today. Some people don't even bother to save them very much.

They are money, but let's be honest you can not spend them very many places. Unless you have several. And then most of the time we would rather just exchange them for some kind of coin that is worth more.

Where am I going with all this rambling? I guess to focus on how we have lost the appreciation for minor things that still have value.

Does it really matter? I think it does. At least to me it does. I don't want to get to the place where life gets so absorbed with activity that we don't embrace what is of value.

Okay that is truly you know a philosophical approach. But that is a part of life I wish to never forget.

For after all pennies do add up. They might seem so important on their own, but if we take that attitude we miss what is important. My view you understand.

Where this is important in my thinking is in the area of how people view life and ambition. I mean in order to get ahead you do need a good strategy.

But sometimes people get so caught up in thinking in terms of the final goal, they don't concentrate on the small details. Sort of like planning this wonderful trip, but not bothering to be sure there are any gas stations where you are going.

Kind of silly frame of reference perhaps, but it nonetheless applicable in my view. And even though it is so important to concentrated on one's destination, you better be darn sure you are also aware of many socks you'll need to get there. Sounds strange, but you might be surprised how often that is a problem.

At least in my world. Oh yeah it comes up all the time. Just way to often for my taste. Way too many occasions you find people are just not receptive to that process.

It happens mainly when you find yourself dealing with somebody who gets inspired to dream. Oh they find the courage they never had before.

A wonderful transition for some. Providing they don't forget that there are still problems in life.

You can dream of soaring the skies in a single rapturous bound, but honestly, if you don't pay attention to the rocks in front of you then you are going to fall. And I'll be there to help you out.

I might steal you blind in the process, but you probably won't even notice at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home