Sunday, October 14, 2007

THE GOOD STUFF

Now this is a good thing. Of course it is. They wouldn't call it the good stuff unless it was good. Only of minor note is one should appreciate how there is no mention with this of what exactly is meant by good.

Which could be a rather important element if you think about it. After all before you get all excited by the idea of the good stuff it is helpful to know the kind of good you are talking about.

Kind of an important issue from my point of view and let me tell you in my town it is even more critical. Because the one thing I can count on is that in a place were dull is normal, boring gets the nod at times in terms of good stuff.

Really is pathetic, but let me tell you some of the events we have where we have this idea of lethargy being celebrated just doesn't make my list of good stuff. It doesn't even make my list of crap either.

However, you can tell people who live for such excitement as a spelling bee. Okay it might not be as boring as some options, but it sure doesn't top my list as fun.

In any case, I have survive that insanity for the most part. I will admit I do go a tad crazy at times.

I mean you can only eat so many bland chicken banquet dinners and look happy. I'm going at lying, but that really is tough.

Then there are the endless attempts to define fun by some other means. Such as parties. Which would be good if they made an effort to be fun.

I'm sorry about playing charades where you try and act out only Old Testament biblical characters doesn't work for me. I thought I would have a stroke from the time the expected me to know who Ezra was. Like I had a pray on that one.

But that's okay, I didn't win. Which I don't think was on my list of options anyway. Winner got to be in charge of the tin foil origami challenge. Figure that one out if you can.

As for me, well shoot, I do work so hard at smiling till it makes my lip sore. You have to let these people think this is the good stuff.

It never is, but I guess it is better to let them think it is. That way they don't ask me to help.

I live in mortal fear you know that they will ask for my help and I'll end up actually being more like them. I have resisted the need to go shopping for bow ties so far, and I hope I never weaken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home