Saturday, October 13, 2007

TIMES WHEN CHANGE COMES

I never had anything against the idea of time. Just not sure I'm thrilled about it either. Hard to get excited from my point of view about something you can't control. But it doesn't mean I wouldn't want to if I could. I'm sure most would agree on that.

Not that we can get a vote on that subject, but it would be fun just the same. At least it is fun to speculate about. Well I think it is.

I guess from my point of view the thing is, I like to imagine what it would be like to have an option. You know stop time and add to the minutes if you want.

I certainly think it would be nice if we could figure a way to achieve this. It is just that even though it doesn't happen, I do savor the chance to believe it could.

Why? I guess it is more like why not? Life is like that for me. I love being able to ponder who we can alter reality.

Why even bother you might ask? I guess I think it is a good exercise. You know miracle can happen.

So maybe my idea of a miracle is a little silly. But then life is silly. So why not think about it in silly terms?

Now come on and work with me here. I'm trying to help everyone appreciate the need for having a good sense of humor.

After all if we can smile at time and how pointless so much crap turns out to be then great. Then perhaps we can relax and enjoy life again.

I mean come on, nobody is going to live forever. Life is pretty much a stop watch waiting to stop, so let's have fun while we can.

The big draw back is having to spend time doing all the other crap in order to be able to afford the fun times. That is the part that sucks.

Now if you are in my position things are different. I can sort of fudge on my work time by dumping crap on others.

Did I say it was a good thing? Well no. I wouldn't bother trying to pretend that is a good deal for the poor slobs who I dump work on.

But then I have an excuse. Of course I always have one. And that for me is what makes it well worth it.

At least in terms of guilt over squandering time and money. But I do have a smile while I do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home