Saturday, June 09, 2007

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Ah, this one of those things you are not saying out of gratitude. It is more something you mention in sarcasm. Which for me that does happen a lot.

Mainly because you end up saying it when somebody acts like a jerk and treats you like crap. I'm sorry to say it happens a lot at work too.

Wish that wasn't the case, but it is. There's just something sad I guess over at city hall where people feel so darn comfortable adding grief to the world.

To be honest I don't even mind when one of my employees does this to a regular citizen. I know I should, but I don't.

I suppose it is because I know how often the average citizen only contact us at city hall when they want to complain. Oh they call to in order to ask for something, but never to say thank you.

So in part I appreciate how the people I deal with are not without a motivation to try and get some revenge. And naturally that includes dumping grief on those who give them headaches.

Which I certainly don't object to it being the option. What I do object to is when they do this to me.

After all they do work for me. And that is not a fun thing. At least not for me. So you can imagine if I call up and ask for something from one of my departments and they give attitude it doesn't not make me happy. Nor do I care to say that you either.

So instead I try to gently remind them they are talking to their boss. Oh I do give them plenty of hints first in hopes they will improve their attitude.

If that doesn't work, well then it is object lesson time. That comes in terms of changes. Little bureaucratic darts of busyness to heap a headache on this shoulders.

Then it is heaven help them if the call and whine. All I do is leave them on hold forever. Thus it the that comes from power.

Of course in the end what happens is the trickle down effect. Which always shares the joy with the public. Who in turn pass on the grief to others.

Funny, but since it all started with some complaint from the public I'm not all upset when it comes back to haunt them.

But as long as I don't end up with another thank you very much episode, then all the world is joy in Mediocrity. You just would be best to not ask someone else that in the process. Not sure you would like their answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home