Sunday, June 17, 2007

MATES

Well if you are from down under this means a pal. For the rest of us it means a spouse. And depending on who you are that can either be a good thing or a bad thing.

Actually when I think of a mate it is something or someone that matches to another is a special way. You know like the other half of a puzzle or when you cut something in two. They should fit perfectly together. In theory you understand.

As for real life, well it is a nice dream. I think a lot of marriages start out with that as a goal, but somewhere over the years the edged get kind of frayed or worn and they just don't fit together that well.

Doesn't mean like they always give up. No, no, no that would never do. When you stop going together like peanut butter and jelly well you just pretend it is the same.

Now of course there are some who will run off to the some other relationship in search of new peanut butter or jelly. And others who will keep the old sandwich, but go off in quest of a snack.

But rare it seems is the person who actually takes time to try and make the old sandwich tastes a good as it once did. That is what we like to claim is what we do, but methinks talking is the only thing we do.

Anyway for me, well I like to snack. Not afraid to admit that part. I enjoy a little variety. I just wish I didn't have to act like I didn't.

It is such a bummer to have to make it look like the otherwise it true. Only I can't do that as a politician.

There are times when I would be thrilled to get up and say, "Well folks the truth is I spend most times stalking the bars for a good time."



Like that would go over well with anyone. And even if they do the same thing they aren't going to get up and cheer my confession.

That is the down side to it all. You got to look like you still enjoy the old sandwich no matter how much it doesn't taste good any longer.

So I play that game, we all have a wonderful time and somewhere along the line I get my share of snacks. Isn't that nice?

I have a feeling that most people will say no, even though when their mate isn't looking they are cheering. Yeah, we'll just keep that our little secret and then we would have to fuss over all the pretending as much.

We can meet and toast the joy. And if by chance you are a young lady, maybe we wil even make a few sandwiches.

1 Comments:

Blogger Halfmexican Mama said...

Divorced I take it?

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home