Monday, June 11, 2007

ELEMENTAL YAWNS

The perfect symbol of life at times. At least to me. Nothing seems to say, I'm bored to death quite as eloquently as a yawn. And it seldom offends in that regard.

Just seems to you know express reality. And let me tell you at work this is such a major form of communicating. It has to be considering the routine we have to accept.

I'm sorry, but honestly there is no way to make life exciting when dealing with stuff that only screams boring. Fact of life. I didn't say I liked it, but I do respect the reality.

And I do also savor the chance the chance to savor all the fun finding ways to see if I can spice things up. Which can be a big challenge with some of my employees.

It might not have to be that way. But then it would require me to afford to find personality transplants for many of my help.

However there is no store anywhere that sells such merchandise. I even tried checking on the internet. The best I could come up with a deal on vibrators and even then I'm not sure my bunch would know how to use them.

And there is no way I'm going squander my time or money buying those with the risk I might have to help show them how to use them. No thanks on that one.

So that leaves me with the dreaded challenge of trying to keep these clowns from only having a need to yawn. Which can be a challenge considering dull is the order of the day where we live.

Honestly, how in the world do I find a way of making a memo about ordering office supplies a reason to smile? Or holding a meeting for all the employees to discuss city hall policies regarding dress codes?

Well that is probably why we have way to many yawns. And you can be sure I have been working on solutions considering the people I'm working with.

I think the big problem starts with a lack of imagination. It is so hard to inspire people who actually think dull is cool.

You can't exactly spend time making such people want to be excited. They will resist. That is the sad part.

And you can be sure I've given that plenty of thought. Only so far I haven't come up with any solutions.

How about the best I can accomplish is to take them and give them a day off. That way they end up boring their neighbor or spouses. Which keeps me from yawning and that is a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home