Thursday, June 14, 2007

SPEND NOW PAY LATER

I'm sure that title would no doubt leave a few scratching there heads. I couldn't blame them. I realize that on the surface it might be hard to imagine spending money after you are dead.

I'm using a bit of literary license in that regard. I'm speaking of when you have given up on life on one day and just go through the motions the next in terms of buying crap.

It all comes down to feeling totally like life has no point. So you try to make yourself feel better by buying something. You don't need it, you really don't want it, but you buy it anyway.

Later you sit with that hunk of impulse clutter and it in no way improves your mood. What it does do is drain your bank account a little and that doesn't make anyone happier as a rule. But we do it anyway.

And we'll do it again. Such futility never gives us a lesson, just more reasons to feel crappy. As if any of us needs that.

So all of this becomes a habit. Not necessarily a good once, but nor is it one we will most likely get out of practicing.

Now for me this is a good thing. Because who are brain dead make wonderful voters. They never think.

That makes my job so much easier. I hardly have to work at lying at all. And when they don't give a crap then they don't gripe about being reamed out by the taxes. In fact they almost are happy when you do.

I know that sounds stupid, but then lots of things in life are stupid. I applaud the opportunity to be able to depend upon such dullness of mind.

Now I never tell them that. I don't say hello there Mr. or Mrs. I Don't care because I'm dead from the neck up.

I will lie and make them think I believe not having a real life is good thing. As long as I don't bring up the obvious too much they don't even get pissed off.

I certainly never mind either. For if I catch them are the right time, like just before they have had their morning coffee, they aren't even awake.

Then they will agree to anything in order to avoid having to think. The perfect time I've found to take a poll.

Only I never bother to tell the person who I show the poll results that detail. I don't see any reason to mess up proving it means what I want with the facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home