Friday, May 11, 2007

THE PRICE IS NEARLY RIGHT

This might be hard for some to believe, but I'm not anywhere near as greedy as anyone assumes. I didn't say I wasn't greed, just not quite as selfish as is my reputation.

Admittedly, I do find it necessary to milk situations and people so I can achieve my desires. But then I'm a politician.

Which for me is a great excuse. Like I can say, hey it's not really my fault. Well, it isn't! Not from my view.

Actually, I blame it on the system. Yes, that's right I'm taking the easy way out and saying it is the system's fault.

There are just too many times when I end up not being able to work within the predictable and rules. I'm sorry, but way too many people expect more.

You can see it in their eyes. While their lips might claim they want nothing more than the predictable and what is just. Only the being just part sort of gets lost behind lots reasons people come up with for thinking they should be an exception to the rule.

Naturally, they don't care that I've been told this dozens of times in the course of the month. Nor do they believe that somehow their situation shouldn't deserve special consideration.

Oh I can take the approach of saying something like, "Gee, I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to do that for ethical reasons." That really goes over great.

And even though I know it is the proper answer and they know it too, you can be sure they don't want to hear it. That is very clear by the tone of their voice.

So I play the game of unspoken rules where you don't have any witnesses and never talk about who really wins. Oh you do keep score naturally, but only talk about it when you are by yourself.

All is my way of saying that I have adjusted my behavior to allow for reality. Which also relates to my price.

At least in terms of things like how much of a contribution I need to be cooperative in terms of helping in ways not covered by usual terms. That all comes down to being sure I keep my fee at a level which inspires return customers.

I do have to factor in things like all the leeches who I have that suck me dry. And depending upon how many are holding on to me will depend upon how much I get to charge.

In the end, I do try to be sure I don't any of this creative stuff for free. Maybe I don't get rich, but hopefully I don't end up broke either. That part I manage so far pretty well, just not that I will admit to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home