Saturday, May 19, 2007

ALL THINGS CONSIDERED

I have no idea who came up with this wonderful saying, but it sure wasn't me. Let me tell you, the one thing I know is you normally never consider all things.

Would be nice I suppose if we did, but I have noticed that to be our nature. Instead our first reaction is to be based on whether or not we enjoyed something. You know, if we enjoyed it, then we probably don't care about all the crap that bugged us.

If on the other hand we were just left with a major headache, then you can be sure we are going to consider all aspects. Mainly, in hopes of finding somebody to blame. That is always very important.

It is bad enough to feel crappy when things don't work out, who needs to feel guilty too? So it is just so much nicer to feel that somebody else was to blame.

My interpretation here you understand. Part of the Limburger guide to sane living. Which never includes thinking about anything that might suggest it was your fault.

That is my approach and I'm darn proud of it. Really is such a wonderful way to get through life.

In any case what does inspire me to the all things considered moments is when I truly enjoy something and want to figure a way to improve things. That way I can even enjoy it more later.

Course that does require thought. And to be honest there are times when I just don't feel inclined to want that kind of effort if I have a reason to celebrate.

It can wait for later. A whole lot later if I had success at something. Which can or can not be times I care to dwell upon.

For you see if I was successful at something and it was only barely, then I might feel inclined to think in those terms as much as if I did it easily. Call it being picky, but that is me.

Now for the rest of you wonderful people that is a different issue. You can sit and feel good about whatever, but you don't have to give it thought unless it helps in some way.

As for the bad moments, well those you can jus do you best to forget. Either way the key here is enjoy on some level.

Ah, I'm sure with my help everyone can go on to a more fruitful and satisfying time of reflecting in some way that gives a person a reason to smile. You don't have to you understand.

Just a friendly suggestion from you old Uncle Rash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home