Sunday, February 11, 2007

LUST, LUST AND MORE LUST

I'm continuing my special focus on that most basic of desires, lust. Yep, I call it a basic desire. Some others would give it a different definition.

Isn't it wonderful how you can have places like bakeries and donuts shops that cater to gluttony and nobody thinks it is a big deal. Even though it is bad for your health and all, they are still legal.

However, if you were to apply that same type of effort to creating a place to buy something for a lust craving, whoa! Talk about people freaking out.

Well, not all people. Probably just the ones that can afford that kind of shopping and are jealous of those that can.

Of course then you also have the folks who feel such places would be disgraceful since that is the sort of thing you are suppose to satisfy the need through marriage. Does that really happen? I guess some times. But from what I've seen it isn't quite the perfect solution some might suggest.

Now maybe I've just had the misfortune of seeing only the down side of marriages. Perhaps there is a place somewhere that all the truly happy people live and they aren't talking. Why would they?

Who is going to mess up heaven by inviting the rest of us to live there? That would truly ruin the place.

So as a result, the rest of us end up in places where we get to pretend that marriages are perfect. Lying always help.

In the meantime, people are running around in the shadows playing footsie and snickering about taking care of the lust deal in a practical way. It does seem they manage to find plenty of helpers too. Well some do at least.

If you ask me it is all a bit of silliness. You just can't keep up this kind of stupidity without somebody going insane sooner or later.

And when that happens people all sit back, shake their heads and go "tsk, tsk, tsk." Now on the surface that is their way of showing their disapproval for the fact that somebody went crazy an ran off to wherever with somebody else.

But secretly they are envious and sort of rooting for the person. The whole time wishing it was them.

So go ahead and keep telling me that you are happy being full of lust and never getting it satisfied. Sure, I'll believe it. Why not, I'm a politician. I'm use to being told all kinds of things that aren't true that I say I believe in order to get votes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home