Monday, January 08, 2007

COW SURFING

I'm sure there are a lot of people who have heard of a thing called cow tipping. That is where people supposedly sneak into a dairy at night where some cow is sleeping while standing and tip them till the fall down. I hardly see the fun in all of that, but it seems to be on the hit parade for some people.

As for cow surfing, well that made for a wonderful title from my point of view. Maybe it isn't quite the subject as such, but it made for a great title.

For me this is where you surf through the residue of cows as in manure. Surfing is different that wading through it. Wading means you have to get your feet really deep in the muck. And buddy that means some of the crap is going to stick. Which can be a real pain to cope with at times.

Surfing is where you see the crap before you step on it. And you figure a way to avoid stepping it in while still having a good time. Oh yeah, that can be a challenge.

There is just so much challenge to this subject. Mainly because you can make it look like you are avoiding the whole subject. You have to figure a graceful way to miss the crap without making it look like you missed it.

The reason you have to do this is because if you do manage to get somebody else to not notice then you can be assured they will end up actually stepping on the crap themselves. So that is definitely a plus. Oh yeah, it is the best fun in the world.

There just isn't anything more excited that seeing somebody wading through crap they didn't know was there. Oh man, it is a very wonderful Kodak moment.

Being in politics and working at a city hall you can be sure that we have more than our share of crap here too. Enough to start a farm. And I'm proud of it.

Which is fine as long as I find the way to do my share of cow surfing in terms of not dealing with the crap myself. The big challenge it making sure at the same time I let others step in it as much as possible.

Oh I agree that is a crappy way of dealing with others. But from my view it is better for them to walk in the crap that me.

It is a matter of safety. If I already smell like one form of crap how am I going to get anyone to keep from smelling the other crap I have to sell them?

So I have to take a practical approach to this whole subject you understand. That and make sure I stand down wind as much as possible.

Oh and let us not forget the ever popular point finger ploy so when something stinks you make somebody else gets the blame. I love traditions that have a happy ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home