Wednesday, January 10, 2007

BEING PREPARED, SORT OF

I don't know how many times I've head people speak in endearing terms about the subject of prevention. And as wonderful as all those concepts are, they seldom seem to get implemented.

I've been working on the basic idea because of this type of fact in human nature that basically we don't like doing anything painful if we can avoid it. Preparation and prevention in my opinion will involve a certain amount of sacrifice.

That is how I view it. Essentially, that is because both items mean we need something in terms of resources in order to accomplish this goal. And that means taking them from some other source. Hence, it produces a predictable condition of sacrifice and we never want to stop the party if there is any way of avoiding it.

And you don't even have to be a party animal to have that philosophy. It all amounts to people not wanting to endure any pain that can be avoided.

In part it is naturally a form of freedom. Pleasure is associated with joy and we want it as much as possible. Whereas pain is not pleasant so we give up any freedom at time in order to avoid it.

That is Rash's rule of course. And I have to say I'm darn proud of it too. I say, pass the party hats call out request to the band to keep playing favorites and worry about the bill later.

If you are really luck you can manage to find a sucker to pay the bill so you don't even have to leave a tip. Now that is the kind of party I really like.

And being a politician I have to admit that getting others to pay the bill is one of my favorite things to do. Some call it taxes. I call it allowing others to share in the joy of keeping the party going.

Of course, I don't bother to mention how the taxpayers are necessarily invited to the party. Oh they were sort of sent invitations. Well, that way I can blame the post office for them getting lost even if they were never sent.

Ah, it is to savor from my point of view. I just love the joy of letting someone else worry about the issue of prevention. And as long as they don't expect me to participate I will always encourage their efforts.

Meanwhile, with them out there being utterly bored and having no fun whatsoever, I will take up the slack with having more parties. It would be such a shame to have to put up with sacrifice as long as I can find somebody else willing to do it.

Well, time for me to run. I have a party to attend. We will be celebrating a new program for improving something. Can't remember what, but we will have new taxes to foot the bill. Shoot we might even spend part of them on the program instead of having fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home