Sunday, November 12, 2006

TURN THE OTHER...

Okay the quick and pat answer to this phrase I'm sure is to complete it with cheek. I'm sure that the most well known application of this phrase. It is a nice sentiment I suppose. Telling somebody if you get hit, to give them a second shot at you.

The problem is that I think the general idea is that the person will somehow be shamed by your behavior and avoid acting on the offer. Well it sounds good.

And I suppose there are places that such a response would work. However, that wouldn't work in my neighborhood. Shoot it wouldn't work for the most part in my part of the world either.

I just know too many people who if you gave them a chance to hit your other cheek would do so and think it was a good thing. Heck, they would probably hit you even if you didn't ask or give them a chance.

In fact they would most likely hit you when you weren't looking. Yeah, they are those kind of people.

That is why I'm viewing this from a different point of view. It is for me turn the other guy over for a rear ending. Yep, if somebody is going to get his cheek hit, let it be the other guy.

That's the Limburger philosophy you understand. It all falls under the umbrella of practical guides to surviving while making the other jerk get in big trouble.

Now if I work this right I might even make sure some clown who really needs a whack ends up being the fall guy in the process. I mean in a technical way I'm sort of turning the other.

Okay, it isn't mind you understand. But I did get the turning part taken care of. Which counts with me.

But then pretty much everything counts with me in that regard. I do keep score for myself and right now on the issue of cheek turning or any other kind of turning of whatever I'm winning.

Of course I haven't yet gone for the championship. Not sure when I'll be able to consider that. The competition is very tough what with all the corporate executive and politicians playing by their own rules.

So for now, I'm just happy to get my shot at being up at the plate and letting someone else get the blame for the strike. Now that is my kind of game.

As for anyone else, what can I say? You just play by whatever rules you want as long as it doesn't involve my cheek!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home