Thursday, November 16, 2006

SOMETHING

Something for me is when you know there is a problem, but not sure what it is. So it is a something. Which can really suck because you can't be sure if you have to worry about a disaster or a yawner of a problem.

What really makes it worse is if the something comes from somebody else. Now if I imagine something myself, I have some clue as to just how extreme I will get in terms of my fears.

But with somebody else I can't always be sure. Oh I do have a certain history with some employees enough to know how their paranoia meter reads.

However, that in no way guarantees it will always be accurate. Which is where it complicated.

That is because of the problem that even the most paranoid person can still be right sometimes. So I can't always assume that the person who panics easy can be ignored.

I wish there was some rule I could follow that made this issue formulaic. But the reality with people is they don't follow such rules.

In a way it can be a fun game. You get to hear about some dreaded something lurking out there somewhere.

All you have to do is try to hope and pray that the something is a pussy cat and not a tiger. And if you are really lucky you can enjoy knowing you linger with the thought that your choices will be cleaning out a litter box or being eaten. There is never an in-between with such things as a big giant unseen something.

Anyway, I've learned to be a gamble in that regard. I just go with the percentages. Basically that reduces down to the simple joy of trying to determine who is a prophet, who is a truth teller and who is a utter moron.

Now if I'm really blessed I get few of the latter than the former. It hasn't been the case in my experience, but I can always hope.

Until my luck improves I will live with the inevitable something that lurks out there ready to pounce with all the glorious thrills that any paranoia can inspire. It will be one of those things that I will try to regard as a form of entertainment.

And in my city where dull is a lifestyle and boring a past time anything that gets your blood to pump in the slightest is considered as a good thing. Well that might not be a joy in some people's minds, but it beats the alternatives I have to face.

That rings far too true when you are saying your alternative is listening to tapes of people having root canal. See, be glad you live where you live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home