Sunday, November 19, 2006

NOT OF THIS WORLD

I know this lingers out there as an element of Sci-fi themes and what not. At least that is what seems to be the most common reference.

However, I have to confess the thought often rumbles through my head with regards to if all the people I meet in my town are truly of this world. Honestly, I've known all kinds of people. Some stranger than others, but most of the time you just accept that dementia has many faces.

There are times, though, when I'm truly left flinching from the contact with a person and left to ponder, could this person really be a mere little human beastie with a strange brain? Now that is when an idea creeps into my thinking.

I sit back and contemplate whether an alien coming to our planet my just take such an approach in order to not seem like an alien. Think about it if you will. There have been dozens of Sci-fi stories about aliens coming to earth that resemble humans, with the exception they seem to always lack emotions or if they have them they are really stiff. So they are different enough to be seen as an alien, but never so different as to scream Nerd Alert.

Okay, so what I'm proposing here is the simple issue of what if aliens figure the best way to not seem weird and broadcast the fact they were aliens is by acting weird and strange? You go to admit it would be different.

I'm not trying to inspire unnecessary paranoia here, just tossing out the idea that perhaps and just perhaps the aliens have figured out the best way not to draw attention to yourself is by drawing attention to yourself. Basically that would mean to use reverse psychology on us.

You have to confess it really does sound very clever. I'm thinking of an alien from a superior race of beings running around as a total nut case. Then he gives us the secrets of the universe and we don't believe them because we think he just another loon.

Of course I could make the giant leap from that platform of thought to the one where perhaps this alien race stopped by our planet many moons ago. They came to get lucky, what else would a superior race do, but score big time.

And as a result they produced these offspring who were cursed with being totally insane. That way when they came back we wouldn't suspect who they really are.

Which naturally results in the fact that when you see somebody who seems like they are from another planet you will never guess just how close to the truth you happen to be. Oh yeah, I love the whole scenario.

I rather doubt too many people will worry about my opinion though. I'm sure they are content to think weird is just weird. And when you see someone like that you might even ask, is that a laser gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home