Monday, July 31, 2006

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT

Ah there is nothing sweeter than when things go the way you expect them to go. And if it happens where some creep gets what he or she deserves, even better.

With this phrase though, that's more like it, there is that hint that this is a repeat or second crack at making something worse. Sometimes maybe even a whole lot more than a second try in some cases. Which is part of what makes being able to say it so extra satisfying.

Yeah, the "that's more like it" moments are truly memorable. I love them. I cherished them. I LIVE for them.

The only thing I don't get is to EXPERIENCE them that often. I suppose I could lie about it. You know, pretend that I'm such a great champion in all facets of life that this happens to me all the time, but plain fact is that it doesn't.

That is probably why I hate the fact that it happens, but not enough. I mean how come an evil, conniving dude like myself can't get a break more often? I didn't say I deserved them, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy wishing it were otherwise.

Still, in my wasteland of bland, my desert of blah, my, my, oh to heck with it, a place as a city that is this side of fun, I have to be a realists. Man, you just can't get a break and expect the unexpected that often when nothing good happens as a rule anyway.

I mean a big part of this "that's more like it" thing is change. It is really essential since it translates into people doing something right they screw up the first time. However that requires them to honestly care enough to try and do it right after they screwed up.

That just isn't the way it works in my little hunk of the world. Here if somebody blows it you can pretty much expect that they will shrug their shoulders and say "oh well." Then they will most like shuffle off for a nap and hope you don't bother them again.

It is a shame to me that in my town a yawn is even more likely than a lie. Not for me so much. But a whole lot of people I know.

At least despite the obstacles there are the occasional moments when a miracle happens and the impossible takes place. Somebody actually admits to doing something wrong. Then even more incredible they will even try to correct the problem.

I do wonder how such strange people ended up cursed to live in my city. An individual with those kinds of values could actually succeed in life in another arena.

I don't tell them that though. I prefer to just savor the temporary miracle of finding one person out of god knows how many that really cares. Then for a moment I fear they might leave. But if that happens, I just keep remembering that once I got a shot at a "that's more like it" event and hopefully there is another crazy person like that one who will show up on another day. I can always hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home