Friday, June 30, 2006

HIGHLIGHTS

This is an outline for scandal or good news. My interpretation of course. Essentially the highlights should be the most important part of a good story. And in some cases a life can have highlights too.

The problem is when there are only enough important aspects to something to make it have highlights, but the rest of the story is completely boring. It is like the advertising trailers from some movies. They make the movie look very appealing. But when you get passed the two minute commercial you end up in the actual movie with 88 minutes of yawns.

However if they didn’t show the highlights you would probably not go and see the movie, which is the whole idea isn’t it? Which is the point, it works!

Yep, I like the idea from that point of view. And I apply it to my political philosophy. I regard my political campaigns (along with my ensuing promises) to be the highlights. They are the best you are going to get from me.

Would I tell anyone that? Are you kidding? I’m not that stupid! Nope, it is I shall this and I shall that when elected. Only the key to that is I never say “which election.”

Okay that is a dodge. A mighty fine one from my point of view too! It is just too bad that more people don’t have a more cooperative and understanding attitude about the whole highlight thing in terms of politics.

Some of them actually get so absurd they think I ought to honestly DO something after I’m elected. Oh I plan on it. Why I ever give it serious thought. Not enough to do anything of course, I’m not that fanatic about it. Just enough to ease my conscious you understand.

So in the meantime I do have to contend with figuring out while in office to produce some highlights. Funny thing about people, they just have this silly attitude they won’t take my word for the fact that I’m working when I’m working. Or at least giving the illusion of working.

That part I consider to the be there fault. If they didn’t insist upon clinging to some silly idea of me really doing anything they I would have to work so hard and come up with more lies about more highlights other than at election time.

However it is just like with show business I guess. Which is that other great stage of play acting outside of politics. The show must go on as they say.

That is what I do then. I make sure the show goes on. And on and on and on. Over and over again with just the occasionally rewrite to a very worn out and stale script. Thank god I don’t have to pay for a ghost writer. Plagiarism is so much cheaper and you don’t have to mess with success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home