Tuesday, March 07, 2006

TAKE IT AND TAKE IT AND TAKE IT

There are some people when they are offering you a so-called bargain will say “take it or leave it.” Meaning naturally they aren’t giving you choice. If you want what they are offering you have to do it on their terms and if you refuse then you are out of luck.

That might work for some ruthless salesman or businessman who has something to sell that you can’t live without. However in the politics game you can only accomplish it with a little finesse where you make the person think they really had a choice.

It is a matter of smiling and using the right phrased lies so that the person genuinely things it is the best choice. All the while of course greed is the underlying power of one’s motives. Just avoiding making it obvious is the means to be sure you leave your victim thinking they weren’t really victim.

Naturally in quieter moment of reflections I do revel in those wonderful moments when this whole con job works. Of course in my version there are nothing, but successes. After all if you can lie in your diary that only you plan on reading then who can you honestly lie to?

I just wish there was some way to put a slant on this that made it seem more well, noble. Oh not that I want to give up the profit or joy of lining my pocket at somebody else’s expense, but hey it would be nice from time to time not to put up with my conscience. I’m still working on ways to have it surgically removed.

I can’t prove it, but I just keep believing that there is a doctor somewhere who can perform that kind of operation. After all you can convince me that between lawyers, used car salesman, politicians and even some of those televangelists that somebody doesn’t have a need to deal with guilt. So it only stands to reason they have found a way to take a pill or manage to have their conscience removed in one way or another.

But until the time occurs when I do manage such an achievement I will have to endure the usual ailment of enduring a sense of right and wrong. It is a pain. Just not one that I allow to interfere with my attempts to enjoy life.

I suppose I ought to in some way pretend that I have some remorse over such value. Like I said, I suppose I ought to. However remorse won’t pay the bills! And let me tell you when it comes to my bank account remorse is just an urge that I know if I ignore long enough it will go away.

Meantime the joyous adventures of take it or take it continues to thrive in my part of the world. Not perhaps so I can turn it into a movie or celebrate it as I wish, but enough to make it worthwhile to pursue.

One of these days I may even manage to find a great way to package my approach so it will be marketable. Rash’s ravishing reality has a nice ring, but not sure about the flavor you use for lies yet. I’ll work on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home