Saturday, March 04, 2006

ROTTEN TO THE BORE

I wish I never had to claim this was reality with some people, but not everyone can be the life of the party. More seem to be good as the death of the party like that is something you can brag about. Only they don’t naturally. Nobody would take pride in being the glorious prince or princess of yawns I reckon. At least I hope they wouldn’t, but who could say for sure what runs through somebody’s brain?

I doubt I’ll ever live long enough to find myself only surrounded by interesting people. That is one fantasy I definitely never expect to come true! Plus the other problem I would worry about is that in the process all the cool people would decide that I sucked in terms of being interesting. As a politician I doubt I could handle that kind of rejection.

So I reckon part of me honestly isn’t that anxious to find the world purged of such dullards. And perhaps a part of me also imagines it would be wonderful to simply be able to channel them in such a way that it would make the rest of us very extra cool.

Which for me might include finding some great way to take all those dullards and start a rent a bore business. Or even be able to send a utterly boring telegram sung off key. Now I personally think it is a great idea, but that is just me. After all one could hardly blame me for wanting to turn this whole thing into a way to make a buck.

Alas I doubt this is the kind of business that I’ll actually get off the ground. It sort of ranks right up there with the time I thought of starting a 900 number call 1-900- BLAME ME. I figured it would be a great way for people to relief stress if they had some they could call and blame for all their problems. But once again there is a big difference between inspiration and realization. At least I know the difference. Well sometimes that is true. Wish it was always since it would save me a lot of embarrassment on occasion.

So I imagine I’ll have to file away my idea on this boring thing in my file of wishes that will never be fulfilled. Although I can still dream that I will find a way of making the possibility of a personally transplant a reality for some who could use any kind of personality that didn’t make you yawn when you talked to them.

However I’m not going to let it slow me down or corrupt me either. I have been working on a program and work to be sure I isolate the boring people so they don’t somehow infect the rest of us.

The nice thing is that boring people often don’t have much imagination. So you can offer us any old lame function as bad as watching paint dry and they’ll show up thinking it is okay and entertaining. You might think I’m being silly. But then you don’t know the people I have to deal with.

For that you should be grateful! I know I would be if I didn’t have to see some of them every day. See I just gave you a reason to smile, enjoy it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home