Wednesday, March 29, 2006

GIVING IT A YAWN

This is perhaps something less than giving it the old college try. Which I always thought was kind of silly in the first place considering a lot of people never go to college. Giving it a yawn to me is a way of saying whatever is hopelessly unbearable, stupid and pointless. But for one reason or another YOU have to participate.

Like with me that at City Hall means being involved with the most god-awful boring routines at times. These are things at times that are hardly worthy of the old kindergarten try, let alone the college try. Still I’m stuck with them because I’m the Mayor.

That carries with it the added pain of knowing I have to make whatever sound appealing and interesting to others. Good luck with that!

However despite all the lunacy and stupidity we still have to muddle through and make ti all seem like a good idea. It never is, but we try.

I guess I even bring this up because, well it bores the heck out of me and I like to have company in my misery. At the same time I also feel perhaps by sharing I get to have a chance to let some poor other slob know his isn’t the only life that sucks.

Perhaps the one thing I find most fascinating is how we have to pretend about this whole thing. We aren’t allowed to sit down and be honest about the crap that makes us yawn.

The reason perhaps is because it is so much easier to deal with if we don’t allow the facts to depress us. Somewhere in the brain by relying upon keeping things out of the truth pig pen of crap we don’t want to think about, there is this little voice that says, “No, please don’t make me go there!” So being the pillars of runaway resolve that we are, we do just that, close our eyes and beg somebody to make it feel better. It never works, which is why we end up yawning, but I try to have fun with it anyway.

I am a subscriber to the philosophy that if you can beat them, make fun of them. And to accomplish that successfully you have to join them in terms of allowing them believe you actually like them. They might make you vomit when alone, but they don’t need to know that. Providing you have a reason to actually want to abuse them or take advantage of them.

All of that comes down to gentle art of excusing a yawn when you can keep from yawing from the lack of joy and enthusiasm. If I’m adequately inspired that normally allows me to explain about being tired. The reason is one of those fill in the blank type of options. The real key being making sure you get the other slob to buy it is real.

Which is the perfect craft of this whole routine. Giving it a yawn means making sure it is your best yawn. Not one you can’t explain. That way at least the boredom won’t seem as bad as it really is. I savor those successes. After all boredom is a reality when working with dullards, but in between the yawns perhaps with the right effort you can still have a reason to smile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home