Wednesday, October 05, 2005

GALLONS OF FUN

I know these days with the current prices of gas it might be a little hard to see anything redeeming in their current rate. I can’t imagine anyone outside of a few oil companies executives that would be prone to smile when they filled up their vehicles at a gas station.

Unless you are off in some way or so darn rich money literally means nothing to you. The only problem is that rich people don’t get that way by not caring about money so I can imagine that would happen either.

The one question that we probably will never see answer is what is anybody going to do to improve the problem? I hear a lot of talk, but in terms of seeing any change for the better at the pump, where is it?

I was really struggling with what I could possibly say on this subject that would in any be new or fresh compare to what has already been said. I never claimed to be an expert on this subject so I’m not going to try and bore anyone with a bunch of facts I claim are true, but can’t prove and expect you to take my word for it.

First of all I am not going to try and say the problem is going to get better. I’m not sure that I believe the comments of some that we are going to run out of oil and that there is no alternative form of energy planned to take its place. I won’t say that isn’t a possibility. But neither do I pretend to think that people making billions off of gas wouldn’t in some way want to keep the cash flowing no matter what. If that meant they needed to find a different product when this one is gone, I going to presume that greed alone would inspire them to find some choice that would work.

Which I think is my main thrust of thought. The one defining thing we can appreciate about corporations in general is that they have at their very core a passion for greed.

You can forget the stuff like them worrying about helping people. For better or worse we know the bottom line is the only bottom they are going to truly care about.

And that for me translates into the simple reality that come what may these folks can be counted on to suck people dry of every dime they can as long as they can. Then when that option is gone, they have no plans whatsoever and going away.

That is why I don’t really worry about the future. I have complete confidence in the ultimate force of greed to guide their reason just as it always has.

Does it mean higher prices for gas? Do I really need to answer that? Will it mean the day will come when things will improve? Do I really need to answer that one either?

Nope, my advice is pure and simple. You and I will have no power to in any way get anyone making mega bucks to suddenly plan on doing otherwise. So just go to the pump regardless of the price and view today’s price as one that will most likely be better than down the road. Make fun with the price as long as you can folks? Better to have a smile when the future comes since you never know if that will be time when you have any reason to smile! Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home